About Face Lift
To improve the face and jaw appearance, reverse the effects of stress and to render a youthful and refreshing impression you may need a facelift.
A facelift is a corrective cosmetic surgery that minimizes the facial wrinkles and other signs of aging.
It gives you back a better version of yourself, improves self-image and boosts confidence.
Post Operative Care
- Avoid smoking for a few weeks after surgery.
- Cold compress to relieve bruising and swelling.
- Keep incision and bandages as dry as possible.
- Follow the instructions suggested by the doctor regarding washing and bathing.
- If you wear glasses, pad the tips behind the ear with cotton to avoid pressure on the incisions.
- Avoid strenuous activities, lifting a heavyweight or bending for at least one week after the surgery.
- Follow the diet instruction given by your doctor.
- Avoid excessive talking and vigorous chewing for the first-week post surgery.
- Avoid bumping or hitting your head, neck, and face.
- Keep your head elevated while sleeping with the help of pillows.
- Take the pain medicines as prescribed by your doctor.
What to expect?
- After the surgery, your face is bandaged sparing your eyes, nostrils, and lips.
- In 1-2 days the dressing is removed. In case a drainage tube was placed it is removed in 1-2 days.
- If non-dissolving sutures are applied, they are removed in 5-10 days.
- Swelling and bruises are common after the surgery and will take a few weeks to fade. Your face may feel stiff and skin dry and rough for a few days.
- Scars are disguised in natural skin creases and hairlines and as the time passes they fade.
- Complete recovery takes 2-3 weeks. You may get back to your regular activities after 2-3 weeks of facelift surgery.
- Rhytidectomy correct facial flaws and signs of aging.
The effect lasts for 10 to 15 years.
- You may require non-surgical procedures such as Dermal filler, Laser treatments and Anti-wrinkle injections to maintain the effect.
Also, maintain a stable weight to make results look best.
*Facelift cannot change your fundamental appearance and also cannot stop the process of aging
- Sagging due to relaxation of the skin
- Fat has disappeared or fallen
- Deep creases or fold lines between the corner of mouth and nose
- Tired look Jowls in jaws and cheeks
- Loss of facial muscle tone and elasticity